We need your help on Tuesday August 28th, a day of action calling for the complete reinstatement of the Tenant Advice and Advocacy (TAAS) Program. YOUR CALL!!
What you can do:
- CALL the Premier and the Housing Minister to seek complete reinstatement of the TAAS program. Keep it short so others can get through!
- If you can’t get through, fax or email but keep trying to CALL the Premier and the Housing Minister.
- In Brisbane, help us to deliver postcards to the Premier’s electorate office in Ashgrove. Meet at 12.15pm Corner of Stewarts Rd and Waterworks Rd, Ashgrove (Stewart Place – War Memorial). Please, bring all your family and friends.
- If you are in a regional area you can print out postcards and deliver them to your local MP.
If you want you can add some or all of the following pieces of information to your call:
- TAAS funding is mainly from tenant bond interest and it isn’t fair tenants are denied free access to tenancy advice
- The RTA doesn’t provide advice or advocacy services to tenants.
- 80,000 renting households every year will be denied access to tenancy advice which for some of them will result in homelessness.
We want to show the extent of concern for the funding cuts to tenant advice services on August 28 and need as many people as possible to join in! Come on, make the call!
For the Brisbane event we will be bright and organised. Please come along if you can.
Ask for the Premier and Housing Minister. If they’re not available, their Chief of Staff or senior/policy advisor. If no one is available ask the person who answers to leave your message to reinstate the Tenant Advice and Advocacy Program and if you want, ask them to call you back.