The following post got a pretty big response on our facebook page so we thought we’d share it here. For those of you who haven’t seen the standard response supporters are getting from the Premier’s facebook team, we’ll post that at the bottom.
- have lost their jobs are single parents and behind on their rent and are three weeks away from homelessness;
- an elderley gentleman who has had no stove or laundry for two years, rats,mould and no receipts for rent or bond lodged and constantly told to pay more money;
- a woman who fell through the stairs of her rental because its rotten and whilst in hospital the landlord enters her property slaps a notice to leave on her door and moves a caravan with another tenant in her backyard. She is too scared to leave her property not getting vital medication;
- two young single mothers who were given a notice to leave for nonliveability because the premises is a health and safety risk and squalor and when they move out being hit with a claim for $7000 to repair the premises and pay rent because their claim says they abandoned the property. These women were paying $430 a week in rent!!
- real estate agents illegally taking centrelink payments from the rent ledger and then breaching the disabled tenant for arrears; -the single mother who was listed on a tenancy blacklist because the agent didnt like her for complaining about repairs becoming homeless, living in a hostel without all her children because of age restrictions. Our service helps this family to the Tribunal to remove the blacklist listing and gets her back in a home.;
- another family also blacklisted unlawfully 5 kids split up, TICA refusing to comply with tribunal order to remove the listing, homeless. TAAS advocating to get justice for the hardship and pain this family continues to endure
……..is that enough. Common Campbell do the right and decent thing and stop this nonsense now. Thankyou please. 14 May at 21:42